Rich Shepard wrote:
On Thu, 11 Dec 2008, Jens Noeckel wrote:

sorry, somehow assumed you're on Mac when I was typing the file location.

You're forgiven. :-)

Anyway, once I realized that break-line doesn't work anymore, to find the
command name I browsed fin LyX' new menu, "LyX Preferences > Editing >
Shortcuts" searching for anything to do with "line" ... it didn't take
long to find the new command that way.

So, it's a LyX change and not a LaTeX terminology change. That's good to
know.

Now I recall there was also a problem with "Shift-rightarrow" and
"Shift-leftarrow" not selecting text (function called
char-forward-select). I think all I needed to do was put these shortcuts
back within that LyX menu.

I've made changes only in ~/.lyx/*.bind, not before in Edit->Preferences,
so I don't have a clue if the latter is something new. Wonder why key
bindings are specified in two places; it would make more sense to me if the
*.bind file was picked up and used rather than the menu leaf approach.

You can do it either way. The dialog just makes it easier for people who don't want to mess with text files.

rh