Hello Peerlynt,

if you are not stuck to Bibdesk, you might want to take JabRef into
> consideration, which makes those things fairly easy.
> http://jabref.sourceforge.net/

I´ll have a look at Jabref, but it seems I´m stuck so far, as I already
entered loads of references into BibDesk. I´ve had a short look at Jabref,
but didn´t like the handling straightaway, so I decided to use BibDesk.
Well, I´ll let you know how I decided after having another look – but this
could last a little…

> I would also like to replace the english terms (like "volume", "chapter",
> > etc.) with the appropriate german terms. Daniel suggested to choose a
> German
> > BibTeX style, but I can´t figure out, how to do that.
>
> If your document language is german, it should be in german automatically.
> I would recommand using Jurabib, but thats probably depending on our
> subject and
> what your bibliography has to look like.

Hm, my document *is* in german as is my Lyx, but these terms are in English.

> For Jurabib with Lyx have a look here:
> http://wiki.lyx.org/LyX/HumanitiesLyX#toc11

I will have a thorough look soon. For now it does not work: Lyx gives me
quite a few error messages, but only two different types:
"Argument of \...@thirdofseven has an extra }." and
"Paragraph ended before \...@fourthofseven was complete."
It seems that I get both these errors for every citation…

Thanks! Best*
Jess