Ingar Pareliussen wrote:
> 1. I not able to use the keyboard to select a box or an ERT. If you use
> shift+crtl+right-/left-arrow and release shift+ctrl the box/ert is no
> longer selected.

This is supposed to work. Did you read this in the RELEASE_NOTES?

"Caveats when upgrading from earlier versions to 1.6.x

- Since several lyx functions have been renamed (see above), old
  configuration files (*.ui, *.bind) may no longer work. If some
  functions (such as Shift-right for selecting text) fail to work
  after the upgrade from previous versions, make sure you do not
  have any old configuration files in your LyX user directory, or
  adapt these files to the new functions."

> 2. I think I understand the rationale that when one continue to add options
> the problem of how to present the options grow. This imples that some thing
> get more difficult to do. And as I use beamer I use some of the more
> esoteric options more often than other people do. Typically a presentation
> consists of 30-40 slides, each slide contains 2-3 boxes and between each
> box there is a horisontal-fill. Inserting a horisontal fill have increased
> from 3 mouse clicks to 6 mouse clicks. And changing the size of a box has
> changed from 3 to 4 clicks is adds up.

As for the hfill:

* Ctrl-<space> / context-menu / select hfill

or create your own binding for this.

Since we have proper hspace support now, we adapted the situation to that of
vspace, where we didn't have a menu entry for vfill either.

Jürgen