2009/1/9 Pavel Sanda <sa...@lyx.org>:
>> Manveru schreef:
>>> This question is probably to devel list, but I am not subscribed
>>> there. Probably I can get good answer here to my question.
>>>
>>> In 1.6 there in new option in Graphics Ui: "Initialize Group Name". I
>>> would like to translate it to Polish, but this is not possible without
>>> having context on mind.

>> Assigning graphics to groups just means that you'd have to enter a string
>> (the name of a group) in the "Initialize group name" textfield. Entering
>> this same string into this field of a different graphic would put them in
>> the same group.
>>
>> As you do not have to define the groups beforehand, it has probably earned
>> the predicate "initialize", but I'm not convinced this is the correct name.
>> A better description would be something like: "Assign to group:".
>
> the workflow is meant to be different. use the field initialize to create a
> new
> group and context menu of another picture to join some already existing group.
>
> your procedure will assign, but also destroy the existing group parameters by
> the new ones.
>
>>> Thanks in advance for any helpful explanation of this new feature.
>
> it is described in manual.

I hadn't read this in manual, but from your explanations it seem to be
very user not-friendly feature. It is not natural to users entering
new name in that field every time they want new group. Without reading
the manual, people like I who mostly not read manuals at all cannot
understand how this feature works. But that is my private opinion.

--
Manveru
jabber: manv...@manveru.pl