Fabio Stumbo wrote:

Hi all,

I know that exporting to latex and then reimporting to lyx is not that smooth, but I made a simple try which surpise me:

- create a new lyx file, - in Document -> Settings -> Document class choose "article (AMS)"
- insert a theorem (even just a word after it, no math nor images)
- export it to latex

This way you get a very simple and clean tex file. Now, in lyx create a new file and import the saved tex file: instead of seeing
"Theorem 1. etc."
you see
the ert
\begin{thm} etc. \end{thm}

and it doesn't even compile!

Am I missing something? If not, how is it possible that the conversion fails even on a such simple and basic example?

Hmm. I think this is a consequence of modularization of the AMS files. You did this in 1.6.x, yes?

We'll have to fix this, if so.

rh