Paul A. Rubin schreef:
Pavel Sanda wrote:

ci is a part of rcs. another possibility is subversion.
whether there is a possibility to run those creatures under
cygwin/windows i haven't slightest clue.
Subversion (both server and client) is available for Win XP and higher. On the client side, Tortoise SVN integrates into the context menu in Windows Explorer.
are you sure tortoise use external 'svn' binary (which is needed for lyx to work)?

No, Tortoise does not have a separate command line client, but the CollabNet Windows binary package does. (I run it on Win Server 2003; should run on XP and up just fine.)

Paul, it would be nice if you could provide some paragraph on this for our extended
manual, so windows users have some chance :)

pavel

Pavel,

I'm attaching a LyX file (of course) with some notes on using Subversion with Windows. I've supplied details for using a combination of the CollabNet command-line client (which LyX needs) and TortoiseSVN (which I find much easier to use for things outside LyX). It is possible to get by with just the command client, but I did not supply all the details (left to the reader as an exercise). My inclination is to say that if the user cannot figure out the command line operations on their own fairly quickly, they would be well advised to use TortoiseSVN.

Let me know if this works for you. I leave it in your hands to integrate it into the help document. Feel free to make any editorial changes you wish. I also hereby transfer copyright of it to the LyX developers.

Cheers,
Paul

FYI, since yesterday it is now also possible to use TortoiseSVN with LyX without the command line client.

see http://article.gmane.org/gmane.editors.lyx.devel/114728