I'm using "Document class: book (more font sizes)"

I'm hoping I can modify the numbering so that the pages before
chapter one are numbered separately from the pages starting with
chapter one. IE: I want the first page of chapter one to be page 1

I'm also hoping I can get the pre-chapter pages to be numbered with a
different style such as roman numerals...

Below is a specific description of what I'm getting vs what I want to
get. Followed by the header lines of the .lyx file involved which I've
pasted in at the bottom of this message.

Thanks
--
|  ~^~   ~^~
|  <?>   <?>             Joe (theWordy) Philbrook
|      ^                      J(tWdy)P
|    \___/                 <<jtw...@ttlc.net>>

pdf output:

tital (date output) page
-> [  no visible pg number- good!                                 ]
=> [  But can I suppress or override the output date ???          ]

blank page
-> [  with Number 2 near upper left corner- Sigh!                 ]
=> [  Can I suppress the output of any page number here ???       ]

Name associated with the collection of authors notes and preludes...
configured as part* with no other text.
-> [  part* Title with number 3 centered at bottom- Sigh~         ]
=> [  Can I suppress the output of any page number here ???       ]

Totally blank page
-> [  no visible pg number- good!                                 ]

Author, copyright etc... at top of page
-> [  page numbering at alternating corners continues here at # 5 ]
=> [  Can I suppress this page number or better still change it   ]
=> [  to a roman numeral format starting with this page as "I" ?? ]
=> [  Or can I at least get it to start numbering here at "1" ??  ]
=> [  Can I get LyX to put this at bottom of page instead of top??]

   (  Note a manually added page break prevents the section* with )
   (  the "authors notes from beginning on the same page with the )
   (  copy right data.                                            )

Authors notes section* with a subsection* and some prelude section*(s)
-> [  numbering continues at 6 then 7 then 8 -Sigh!               ]
=> [  Can I get it to continue from Author/copyright page with    ]
=> [  Roman Numeral II, III, IV -- or at least -- 2, 3, 4         ]

Printed table of contents begins
-> [  first page of TOC numbers at bottom center. Then numbering  ]
-> [  resumes using alternating page corners. numbering continued ]
-> [  with page 19... <whimper>                                   ]
   (  First I'd like either the entire TOC to be numbered in the  )
   (  corners OR have the ENTIRE TOC numbered bottom center...    )
   (  Switching the numbering position in the middle of the TOC   )
   (  drives me up the wall...                                    )
   (  Second if numbering was continuing from the sections I      )
   (  to use the roman numerals it would be # 14 or XIV Not 19... )
=> [  Can I suppress the page numbering of the TOC pages ???      ]
=> [  Or Better still, can I get it to continue with the numbering]
=> [  sequence I wanted to start at the author/copyright page ??? ]

Finally chapter 1 begins
-> [  first page of each chapter is numbered bottom center all    ]
-> [  other pages use alternating corners. numbering continues    ]
-> [  with first page of chapter 1 being numbered at # 21         ]
   (  Note: the first page of each chapter being numbered in a    )
   (  different position from the rest of the chapter doesn't bug )
   (  me as much as when that happens to the TOC but I'd like to  )
   (  have control over that behavior...                          )
=> [  Can I possibly force page on of chapter 1 to be numbered as ]
=> [  page 1 ?????                                                ]

.lyx header lines:

\lyxformat 276
\begin_document
\begin_header