Ehud Kaplan wrote:
> Thanks, Jurgen.  Your comments were helpful.
> As for the inserted comments (item #4), sometimes one needs to insert
> comments for one's colleagues while editing a text.
> I tried to insert a Lyx note or a comment, and although they showed up
> in the Lyx file, they did not show up in the output file, even though I
> checked the "Show changes in output".

I see. LyX notes are actually not designed for that kind of task. As James
wrote, we have greyed out notes, although this is not everyone's taste.

Attached are two alternatives:

1. a module that lets you insert "todo notes", as seen here:
ftp://dante.ctan.org/tex-
archive/macros/latex/contrib/todonotes/todonotesexample.pdf
You need the todonotes package for this

2. a module that lets you insert real PDF annotations (that display in Adobe
reader, but not in some other PDF viewers). This uses the pdfcomment package.

These modules need to be saved in your local LyX directory (in the "layouts"
folder), then they can be selected in Document>Modules after LyX has been
reconfigures (Edit>Reconfigure).

> By the way, checking this option produced many errors in going to
> pdflatex, but worked fine (with the exception of the comments) when
> producing a dvi file, which could then be pdf'ed without problems.

Do you have an example file for this? We have reworked the PDF output of
change tracking markup for 1.6.2, and this is likely to be much more robust.

Jürgen

#\DeclareLyXModule{Todo-notes}
#DescriptionBegin
#Displays the LyX notes in the output. A list of todo notes can be produced
#by inserting \listoftodos in ERT.
#DescriptionEnd
# Author: Juergen Spitzmueller <sp...@lyx.org>

Format 11