On Feb 5, 2009, at 9:31 AM, Vincent van Ravesteijn wrote:

I think this should hold for FullyLyX too. You should be able to use LyX without any Latex and/or Image conversion applications. Of course some export functions don't work and some images can't be converted, but plain text, etc. should work.

We have LyX without LaTeX installed on the secretarial computers. That way a secretary can type my handwritten manuscript into a LyX file and email it to me. Then I can edit, add equations and figures, print, and so on.

Bruce