On Sun, 8 Feb 2009, typh...@aanet.com.au wrote:

I wasn't clear enough... I was actually thinking of Windows users, and that they'd be able to run LyX from the CD, but still inside Windows and not by booting into eg Knoppix.

Using a virtual machine might be an idea, but then you have the problem of how the user will access the .lyx-file from inside the VM.

And the whole thing has to be dead simple. We are mainly talking about Word users, and nothing can be assumed about their computer skills. It would be even nicer to have the whole thing on a USB stick.

A USB stick is even better than a CD. Then the directory .lyx/ can stay on the USB stick. I just bought a 4GB stick for about 10 EUR, so it's not exactly pricey either...

/Christian

--
Christian Ridderström                           Mobile: +46-70 687 39 44