On 2009-02-22, Uwe Stöhr wrote:
> Dotan Cohen schrieb:

>> When I write mixed Hebrew-English documents, I have to select the
>> language for each span of text. There are tens of languages installed,
>> how can I remove the unused languages from the dropdown list?

> This is not possible.

Why not? Languages are defined in the "languages" config file that can be
copied to ~/.lyx/langauges and edited by any user.

(I agree that this is not a supported feature and I do not know about
evil side-effects if I were to remove unwanted languages.)

> But why not defining a keyboard shortcut for the language change
> instead of using the dialog?

I agree that this is preferable.

IMO, there is room for a better UI than hiding language switching
under Edit>Text-Style>Custom.

Also, the "apply last style" button would become more useful if it would
not mix change of font size (or family) with change of language.

How about a separate toggle-language button? In most cases, a document
switches between at most 2 languages (native language and English, say).

Günter