On Mon, 23 Feb 2009 12:59:23 -0500
Andrew Sullivan <a...@shinkuro.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 06:52:32PM +0100, Nikos Alexandris wrote:
> >
> > Thank you for your time Andrew. Unfortunately it does not work for
> > me. Cheers, Nikos
>
> Hrm.  I wonder what's different about the environments, then.  Maybe
> someone can suggest to us how to tell whether the same bits are
> installed.
>
> BTW, I was mistaken about it being Debian stable -- this is lenny.

Also works for me on Debian Lenny with 1.6.1 compiled by hand.

tex4ht has a conversion script, oolatex. On my installation, that was
located at /usr/share/tex4ht/oolatex which was not on my execution
path. I made a symbolic link:
ln -s /usr/share/tex4ht/oolatex /usr/local/bin/oolatex

I don't know if that is relevant for the LyX export function, but it is
helpful for converting plain latex files.

Alan