I am trying to put together some instructions/handouts for R using Lyx 1.6.1, and the output from R is giving some grief.

The two key issues are:

1. output running off the right hand edge of the page e.g a list of values for a variable 2. Alignment of output so column headings are aligned with the column of values

With Word , this can be done with tabs and a hard return.

I thought that by highlighting the output in Lyx and then turning it into verbatim text by clicking on the TEX icon, I could then manually align and break lines of text. But I can't.

Do I need to use Latex commands in the TEX box I have just created (which seems fair enough, I just need to find out what they are) or is there a better way of doing this.

I don't really want to go down the road of trying to learn Sweave at the moment, and indeed at the moment all the R output has been imported from Word.

Can anyone give some pointers on best practice for this, or point me towards an FAQ.

Many thanks,

Graham

--
Graham M Smith