Paul A. Rubin wrote:
Graham Smith wrote:
Paul
I thought that by highlighting the output in Lyx and then turning it into verbatim text by clicking on the TEX icon, I could then manually align and break lines of text. But I can't.
Do I need to use Latex commands in the TEX box I have just created (which seems fair enough, I just need to find out what they are) or is there a better way of doing this.

I typically use the LyX-code environment for monospaced output from another program. Does that work for you?
Thanks,

Just tried that, which looks a possibility, but are stuck with aligning columns using the space bar, or is there something clever?

Um, I'm confused (my default rest state). I just ran a simple regression in R, selected the summary output and copied it to the clipboard, switched to a LyX doc, set the environment to LyX-code and pasted in the clipboard contents (C-S-v, or Edit > Paste Special > Plain Text). It's identical in layout to what showed up in the R GUI window. Do you mean that you want different column alignment than what R provides? If so, then I think you are going to have to become one with the space bar.

Not as confused as I am, yes the alignment is the same as in R once you add a few hard returns, but the columns are never properly aligned in R, and need a bit of tweaking, which I usually do with tabs, but it looks as if in Lyx I will need to use the space bar.

Thanks,

Graham