Hello all.
I have searched for this for a long time, but could not find a satisfactory
solution.
I usually insert figures into tables (which reside inside figure floats).
The problem is that lyx automatically inserts white spaces above, below, to
the left and to the right of the figures.
Sometimes I wish to get rid of that behavior, and to remove or reduce the
white spaces.
I can sometimes do it by inserting negative spaces, but this is tedious
work.

In addition, sometimes I have a figure which has white background, and I
want to add a thin black line around it, but it also has to be tight. I
tried a single cell table or a box inside the main table.
Once again, I am faced with the white spaces plus the alignment of the table
sometimes get messed up.

I would really appreciate it if someone could offer a remedy to this
situation, preferably a preamble fix.

Thanks in advance,
Tal.