On Fri, Mar 6, 2009 at 11:21 AM, Nikos Alexandris <
nikos.alexand...@felis.uni-freiburg.de> wrote:

> On Fri, 2009-03-06 at 17:01 +0100, Nikos Alexandris wrote:
> > Frederick:
> > > is it possible to ensure that
> > > every new chapter doesn't start on a new page in a book format?
> >

> > For the book(KOMA-Script) class there is an option for that. It's
> > "open-any".
>
> That should be:
> open=any

Hmm, I am trying to solve the same problem---chapters starting on the same
page as the last one, just like sections---but the proposed fix does not
help. The Koma-Script docs say it will always start a chapter on a new page,
and open=any is used if either right- or left-facing pages are acceptable.

Does anyone know how to avoid both starting anew page and inserting a huge
amount of white space before the chapter title?

I found the following code in the Latex user group to solve the blank space
problem, but no solution (or no solution I could understand) to the new page
skipping:

\makeatletter
\renewcomman...@makechapterhead[1]{%
  %\vspace*{5...@}%
  {\parindent \z@ \raggedright \normalfont
    \ifnum \...@secnumdepth >\...@ne
        \huge\bfseries \...@chapapp\space \thechapter
        \par\nobreak
        \vskip 20\p@
    \fi
    \interlinepenal...@m
    \Huge \bfseries #1\par\nobreak
    \vskip 40\p@
  }}
\makeatother

Cheers,

S.

Stefano Franchi
Department of Philosophy           Ph:   (1) 979 862-2211
Texas A&M University                 Fax: (1) 979 845-0458
College Station, Texas, USA
  • Query on ... Frederick Noronha [फ़रेदरिक नोरो नया]
    • Re: ... Doug Laidlaw
    • Re: ... Nikos Alexandris
      • ... Nikos Alexandris
        • ... stefano franchi