Murat Yildizoglu wrote:
Hello,
I use LyX on Windows XP and I have also Jabref that I have been using
for some years, before I have discovered LyX. LyX can not see Jabref
on my system for now. Where should I place the jar file to make it
visible to LyX 1.6.1 installed under C:\Program Files\LyX16 ?

Thank you in advance for you help.

Murat

If you're thinking about the alleged ability to push references from JabRef into LyX, that only works on Linux (or Linux-like) systems. There's a problem with the use of named pipes on Windows that keeps it from working there. But, as mentioned elsewhere, JabRef stores its data in approximately standard BibTeX (.bib) files, so you can just include the .bib file in your LyX doc. (Depending on the BibTeX style you use, you may find things like Note fields creeping into your reference list. IIRC, I had to clone my JabRef file and strip nonstandard fields out of the clone for use in one paper. Details are sketchy, though, as most of my memory cells are tied up trying to remember back when I had a retirement portfolio.)

/Paul