Grzegorz Adam Hankiewicz wrote:
I've started putting together a standard book and wanted to use the fancyhdr package. I also had some page numbers showing up spuriously and reading some documentation it said that the pages where the page number was showing up were using the "plain" style. Thus, I added the following to my preamble which resets the style for those pages:

\fancypagestyle{plain}{}

Maybe this guides you in the right direction.

Thanks for your reply.

The problem is that I'm using \pagestyle{myheadings} with markboth. I like what it produces -- I don't need anything fancy. It looks quite fine for the book I'm putting together.