Leo Gürtler wrote:
Dear alltogether,

how can I change in the preambel the fontsize of the 'quotation
environment' (koma script type 'book') permanently so that it is always
one font size smaller than ordinary text?

This should work not only for ordinary standard text environment but
also within 'footnote environment' (i.e. quotations within footnotes),
so I assume it should be a relative and no absolute fontsize.

I think you jus thave to do it the hard way:

\renewenvironment{quotation}
              {\small\list{}{\listparindent 1em%
                       \itemindent    \listparindent
                       \rightmargin   \leftmargin
                       \parsep        \z@ \...@plus\p@}%
               \item\relax}
              {\endlist}

This is just copied from scrbook.cls, and I've added \small at the beginning. I think that's the right place to add it....

rh

thx a lot,
best
leo gürtler