Thanks, those two tickets exactly describe my problems.
Hopefully they will get fixed in some future release
To me, latex export is essential, a precondition for using LyX. I export
all my LyX document to Latex. The reason is that I want to make
sure that I can also edit them 20 years from now. Who knows what
will be the status of LyX 20 years from now (yes, maybe this is not
the right place to state this!). But Latex will probably be latex,
and if not, there will surely be converters (in worst case, a latex
file is a simple text file, which can be read). Actually, this leads to my
next enhancement request: An option for LyX
to automatically keep a backup copy of all documents in latex format.
Has this been discussed before?