On Sat, Apr 18, 2009 at 7:50 PM, James Sutherland
<jcsutherland.u...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Apr 18, 2009, at 5:27 PM, Stefano Franchi wrote:
>
>> On Saturday 18 April 2009 17:24:38 James Sutherland wrote:
>>>
>>> I think that I may have found a bug in LyX.
>>>
>>> 1. Create a footnote.
>>> 2. In the footnote, insert a hyperlink
>>> 3. In the "target" field of the hyperlink, insert a URL with a "#"
>>> sign in it, i.e.  www.example.com/#1
>>>
>>> Latex fails to compile this document.
>>>
>>> A hyperlink with a "#" in the target works as long as it is NOT in a
>>> footnote.
>>>
>>> I have attached a trivially simple file that exposes this problem.
>>>
>>> This worked in 1.6.0.  (Actually, I have a file that used this in
>>> 1.6.0rc3 - I haven't tried recompiling that particular file since
>>> then...
>>>
>>> Can anyone verify that this is a bug?
>>
>> Your example works fine here, actually: Lyx 1.6.2 with TexLive 2007 on
>> Kubuntu
>> Intrepid.
>
> Hmm..  Good to know.  I am on Mac OSX 10.5.6 LyX 1.6.2 with TexLive 2008.
> Can anyone else on a Mac duplicate this?

I can confirm the problem on Mac OS X 10.5.6 with TeXLive 2008. Here's
the error message (repeated 3 times):

Illegal parameter number in definition of \...@tempa.

}

You meant to type ## instead of #, right?
Or maybe a } was forgotten somewhere earlier, and things are all
screwed up? I'm going to assume that you meant ##.

Bennett