Hi again,

On Sun, Apr 19, 2009 at 7:50 PM, Parul Bali <parul.sarasw...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for this. The html file looks very good indeed. However, was
> wondering if it would be possible to have separate html files for each page
> (as is possible with Plastex). Also, noticed that the table of contents
> isn't displayed. Is it in the works?

The first item is in the works, as you can see in the user guide:
  http://www.nongnu.org/elyxer/userguide.html
What I want to achieve is to be able to segment the HTML page in
chapters, parts or sections. Actually I need it for my own documents,
so you can rest assured that the tool will eventually get there. Is
this what you want?

The second point (table of contents) is related. Since eLyXer does the
conversion on the fly, keeping minimal state information on memory, it
is not possible right now to generate a table of contents: at the top
of the document it is not known how many chapters or sections there
will be. So a second pass is necessary. At the moment the planned
extension is to create a second utility which does both things:
segment the page and create a table of contents where needed.

I cannot give dates for these developments, since they depend on the
usual factors: day job, family, etc. But I would like to have them
ready before summer. Until then your best bet is to segment the
documents manually.

Cheers,

Alex.