Rich Shepard wrote:
On Tue, 28 Apr 2009, Paul A. Rubin wrote:

If my PDF is colored in places yours wouldn't be, that suggests the
problem is either somewhere in the presentation other than the preamble or
else something in your setup. You can detect the latter by trying to view
my LyX file at your end.

Paul,

  Ah, so. It turns out that I don't see the title and section headers
colored when I view the developing presenation with xdvik, but I do when I
export and compile it!

  I still have a problem with graphics formats, despite having ps2pdf
designated for eps->pdf conversions. If I try to view/export the document
via pdflatex it borks with the error message that it doesn't grok graphics
files with the .eps extension. If I export as plain latex, run latex a
couple of times on the .tex file, then dvips followed by ps2pdf, then I get
the colored areas.

  Still get the "Error: Bad bounding box in Type 3 glyph" from somewhere as
I page through the pdf file.

Any reason not to use pdflatex? I'm not sure it's officially preferred for beamer presentations, but one out of one beamer users surveyed (me) prefers it.

/Paul