No, but this is maybe a more general thing. I use tables in my example to properly set the stars in a vertical line above each other. I didn't know better. In a WYSWYG-Software I would use tabstops to get this formatting. But there is no easy way to achieve this in Lyx/Latex, or – well – this may be my oversight. I use figure floats because these really are – seen from their content – figures and not tables. Do you have an idea how I can get the same formatting without using tables?

I cannot follow you. What stars do you mean? Why do you need stars in a float and what is your desired output (do you have a screenshot or PDF from your WYSIWYG program)?

Well, the stars (*) in the LyX-file I posted. Here's a screenshot taken from OpenOffice with the tabstop solution:

<<inline: OOo.png>>

Regards,
Johannes