Uwe Stöhr wrote:
asm23 schrieb:

Since I update my Miktex to the latest package yesterday, I found this difference has gone, both cases will give a nice pdf. So we don't need these statement in preamble any more.

That's not true. When you use the default fonts, you still get the font "Computer Modern". You'll see this in the PDF when you zoom to 800 - 1200 % - the font is pixeld. When you go to the PDF document properties, you can see that the used font type it "Type 3" which is a bitmap font, see attached.

Can someone tell me the reason? Why?

Have you used another PDF viewer of upgrades the existing on?

regards Uwe
Hi, I found a bit difference.

I compiled the lyx file you give me, but compared with the pdf output. It seems my generated pdf use "Type 1" font.

My environment is Windows XP, and Miktex(updated to latest version), Lyx 1.6.2.

See the attachment.

Quite strange.