asm23 schrieb:

I compiled the lyx file you give me, but compared with the pdf output. It seems my generated pdf use "Type 1" font.

My environment is Windows XP, and Miktex(updated to latest version), Lyx 1.6.2.

Mine too and your LyX example file therefore still uses Computer modern. But in your case it uses an outline font (Type 1) version of Computer modern. I guess you have a special setting in MiKTeX, because Type 1 Computer modern is not the default.
But nevertheless, the preamble line in the LyX documentation files has its
entitlement.

regards Uwe