2009/6/11 Thomas Løcke <thomas.granv...@gmail.com>

> On Thu, Jun 11, 2009 at 6:25 AM, Michael Gasperl<mich...@gasperl.at>
> wrote:
> > Hi! I have the following Problem:
> > LyX 1.6.2 crashes regularily while i scroll down in a bigger document.
> > This only happens if showing graphics is enabled. How can I solve this
> > problem?
> > Thank you very much!
>
> This also happpened to me, on Slackware 12.1,
>
> I fixed it by updating my QT4 library from version 4.4.3 to version
> 4.5.1, and then recompile LyX against that.

  Heh, I upgraded my QT to QT4.5.1. Maybe thats  why I cannot reproduce.

  I upgraded this way. (NOTE: this is not supported. If  you use this, be
careful, and make backups)

  first I did

sudo aptitude update
sudo aptitude upgrade

  to make sure I was up-to-date

  Then I added

deb http://ftp.iinet.net.au/pub/ubuntu/ karmic main restricted universe

  to /etc/apt/sources.list (you may want to replace the http:// bit with
your local mirror)

  added the following to /etc/apt/preferences

Package: *
Pin: release a=jaunty
in-Priority: 700

Package: *
Pin: release a=karmic
Pin-Priority: 600

Package: libqt4*
Pin: release a=karmic
Pin-Priority: 800

Package: qt4*
Pin: release a=karmic
Pin-Priority: 800

  then I did

sudo aptitude update
sudo aptitude upgrade

   IMPORTANT: make sure there are no packages without qt4 in
   their name being upgraded. Otherwise you could hose your system.

   Then I removed the

deb http://ftp.iinet.net.au/pub/ubuntu/ karmic main restricted universe

   Line from /etc/apt/sources.list

--