Having got Sweave working on my Mac, I am now trying to get to work on Ubuntu.

I have followed the instructions on the Lyx Wiki, but...

I am getting an error "An error occurred whilst running Rweave 'newfile1.nw'

So this leads me to a couple of questions:

The instructions from the Wiki says to save Rweave in "your path" . I assumed that dropping this into my home directory would be enough, but maybe I need advice as to where to put this.

Setting up the converter, the Wiki says to set up noweb ->latex, but there is no latex. I have chosen latex(plain) but is this correct.

Many thanks,

Graham