I am new to this whole LyX/LaTeX thing, but I am loving it! I am
creating a book that looks pretty good in Palatino font, but I want to
spice it up a little. I would at least like to be able to have one font
for headings (sans serif) and one font for everything else (serif). I am
happy with the display font all being the same, I just want the printed
version to have two. I have read "A Not So Short Guide to LaTeX" and the
"Customization" manual for LyX. I have tried putting simple commands
into the document preamble, but I'm not sure what the class already has
defined so I don't know what to put in to have the spacing and
everything stay the same and just the font change. What is the simplest
route to get my two fonts in?

Here's my system:
Lightly powered COMPAQ
Ubuntu 9.04
LyX 1.6.2
XeTeXk 3.141592-2.2-0.996-patch2 (Web2C 7.5.6)

Thanks

-Jacqueline