rgheck wrote:
> The first question is what document class you are using.
> Many classes do use different fonts for the headings and
> body text, so you might just try switching from whatever
> you are using (book?) to something else, such as
> book (koma-script).

You're a lifesaver! The KOMA-Script really helped. I just changed from
"book (more font sizes)" to "book (KOMA-Script)" and it automatically
gave me serif fonts on the body and sans fonts for most of the headings.
Then I asked it to use one of the fonts I installed myself by adding the
following to my Preamble:
  \usepackage{fontspec}
  \usepackage{xunicode}
  \usepackag{xltxtra}
  \setsansfont{A.D. MONO}
and it actually did it! I'm so excited! Thanks for all your help, I'm
sure I'll have more questions later on..

--
-Jacqueline