Jan David Hauck wrote:
dear all,

I'm trying to format my MA thesis for publication and am stuck with a problem:
I can't get lyx/latex to split all of my footnotes.
It's not that no footnote gets split but a whole bunch of very large
footnotes (some more than 20 lines) just don't split at all and are
causing some half a page white space or ugly ragged bottoms or (if I
flexibilize the parskip command with plus and minus) huge spaces
between paragraphs.

Do you have a lot of floats? It could be that the float algorithm is causing problems here. I don't know.

Richard