Hi all,

It's time for me to put the front matter in my new book. This work is time
consuming and frustrating, second only to indexing, which I equate with
working in a sceptic tank.

I have to put my cover art on the front, with a list of my other books
following, followed by the title page, followed of course by the copyright
pages, followed by dedications, acknowledgements, a few words from the
author, and a table of contents. What a pain in the butt. Nothing works
without extensive tweaking!

:-) And with all that, LyX is still by far the best alternative. You can use
it to produce a professionally typeset book, and except for frontmatter,
style creation and indexing, it's a snap. LyX is also very respectful of a
touch typists time, and I REALLY appreciate that.

So, as I'm cursing the fact that my cover art doesn't show up at all, let me
take time to thank all of you for creating LyX and forming a community to
continually improve it. LyX is nothing less than a major component of my
business. Keep up the good work, in spite of my cursing that stupid cover
art :-)

Thanks

SteveT

Steve Litt