Hi all,

I upgraded to Ubuntu 9, lyx 1.6.2 March 16 2009 that came with it. Now of my
books stopped compiling. For one thing, the Memoir class, from which the
storybook class was built, was butchered -- I had to download Memoir and
compile it and texhash and then at least memoir (now called book (Memoir))
appeared..

But now, my storybook class doesn't show up in the LyX Doc Class dropdown. I
went so far as to put it into ~/.lyx/layouts/storybook.layout (not as a
symlink, but as an actual file), and simplified it to this:

#% Do not delete the line below; configure depends on this
#  \DeclareLaTeXClass[book]{storybook}

Input stdclass.inc

Preamble

EndPreamble

Style MyTest
  CopyStyle  Chapter
End

Still, storybook didn't show up in Document Class dropdown.

Has something changed in layout handling in 1.62 (as opposed to my previous
version, 1.56)? What can I do to get this to work? I've tried the stuff in
http://www.troubleshooters.cxm/linux/lyx/surefire_layout.htm, which worked in
1.56, but no joy.

In the long run, I think LyX instantiation must produce a log file so
troubleshooting failure of layout-produced classes will not be such a black
box. Since as far back as 2001, this has been a problem. The raindance
necessary to cure it has changed with changing versions, but it has been and
continues to be a problem when using layouts to make your own classes.

But for now, any ideas what I can do to narrow down this problem?

Thanks

SteveT