On Thursday 23 July 2009 15:05:08 rgheck wrote:
> On 07/23/2009 02:17 PM, Paul A. Rubin wrote:
> > Steve Litt wrote: This brings up another problem. Without an automated
> > way to reconfigure, debugging will take literallly two or three times
> > longer. Can /usr/share/lyx/configure.py /usr/share/lyx/configure.py be
> > modified to do exactly the same thing as lyx->tools->reconfigure,
> > quit, restart lyx?
>
> It does, but it needs to be run from your user directory---or, better,
> from whichever directory you want it to dump its output into. This is
> because you might have more than one such directory.

Hi Richard,

I read the preceding sentence three times and still don't understand it.
Because the preceding sentence is of vital importance to me, I'm going to ask
specific questions for clarification...

My lyx doc is /d/at/books/stories/stories.lyx
My layout file is /home/slitt/.lyx/layouts/storybook.layout

As far as I know, the output of my LyX document is dumped in the directory
containing stories.lyx (/d/at/books/stories). The first step of my script uses
lyx --export pdf or lyx  --export latex. Later parts of the script place the
finished pdf in /d/at/books/pdf, but I don't think that's of interest.

Which of the following should be my current directory when I run
/usr/share/lyx/configure.py?

___ /d/at/books/stories

___/d/at/books/pdf

___/home/slitt