Neal Becker wrote:
Paul A. Rubin wrote:

Neal Becker wrote:
In ams article, if I don't put a \section, equations are numbered as 0.1,
0.2, etc.  What can I do about that?

The layout file is adding that (as well as the same convention for
numbering figures) to the preamble.  There's a somewhat unhelpful
comment in the layout file to comment those lines out if you don't want
them -- the catch being that you cannot comment them out in the LyX doc;
you would have to export to LaTeX and comment them out (or delete them)
there.

For the nonce, about the best suggestion I have is to hack the
amsart.layout file, remove either or both lines, and save it -- assuming
you *never* want to number within sections when using AMS article.

Personally, I think the correct approach would be to omit those line
from the layout file and make an optional module for those who do want
numbering within sections.  You might want to file a bug report on this.

/Paul
http://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/6123

I've attached a hacked layout file and a couple of modules to the ticket. If you have not already fixed this yourself, you can download them to your local layouts directory, then reconfigure/restart LyX.

/Paul