Paul
Any particular reason you are switching to the article class for handouts, as opposed to using the handout option in the class options field?
Mmmm,

I'm not switching to the article class, I'm switching to the "article (Beamer)" class. I realise now that I described this as "beamer article" class in my original post.

However, I can't see a handout option under class options assuming this is meant to be under Document settings|document class.

The document class options predefined is ticked but greyed out with [No options predefined] in the field.

This is when Document Class "presentation(Beamer)" is selected.

Am I in the wrong place? A simple handout option would be nice. This is 1.6.2 on Ubuntu 9.04

Thanks,

Graham