Antonio Rieser wrote:
Hi,

I'm using Lyx 1.6.3, built from source, on Ubuntu 8.04. I recently
installed a new version of latex (texlive) in a different place from
where the old one was, but I can't figure out how to get Lyx to
recognize it.  All of the packages it lists in Preferences->TeX
Configuration are from the old installation, and it won't compile when
I use packages from the new configuration.

Thanks in advance for your help.

  Antonio

If you are keeping the old LaTeX version around as well, you might want to check out Ubuntu's update-alternatives command (check the man page or google it). I've only used it for Java, but it should be possible to use it to make the new TeXLive install the default choice. Then run latex --version just to confirm the newer LaTeX is being chosen, after which try reconfiguring and restarting LyX.

If the new version is already the default choice, you may just need the last step (reconfigure/restart LyX).

/Paul