Hi all,

I'd like to mention that, with the patch I committed right now on the SVN, the current version of LyX from trunk implements correctly this kind of feature, i.e., you can search for a plain word and replace it with its emphasized or boldface version, or search for some text (i.e., X1) and replace it with a math symbol ($X_1$), or you can search for some maths (i.e., $X^1$) and replace it with some rework of it (i.e., $Y_1$), etc.. I know there are many use-cases, and I hope somebody helps in identifying the most important ones and/or possible issues.

Regards,

 Tommaso

Tommaso Cucinotta ha scritto: