Murray Eisenberg wrote:
How does one tell which installer was used for 1.6.3?

My installation does have a file LyXWinUninstall.exe, with creation date 3/15/2009, 4:44 p.m., in the installation directory. Does that help to determine which installer?

Hi,

Well, LyX 1.6.3 was released on June 4th, while 1.6.2 was released on March 15, so it seems like this file dates from 1.6.2. Usually, Uwe's Alternative installer is released few hours after the announcement, while the other installer is released several days after, so it looks like that file is from the alternative installer of 1.6.2.

I think the other installer installs the program somewhere in your personal folder (in C:\documents and settings) when you choose to install for the user only. I do not remember the alternative installer doing that, so if your lyx executable is in your personal folder (probably in one on the hidden directories "Local Settings\Application Data", "Application Data" or "Local Settings\Apps"), it is likely the other installer. But that's from memory, so I may be wrong.

Also, and that's again from memory [so I might very well be confused], LyX's shortcut in the alternative installer points to a bat file, contains the version number in its name, and is located in a sub-folder of the start menu, together with the uninstaller. The other installer is different, but I do not remember on which point (I think it does point to the executable and does not have the version in the shortcut name).

Best regards,

Olivier

Uwe Stöhr wrote:
Hello LyXers,

the alternative Windows installer for LyX 1.6.4 is now available.

This installer comes again with an update installer to update existing LyX 1.6.3 installation to LyX 1.6.4. NOTE: To be able to use this installer version, LyX 1.6.3 must have been installed with the
alternative Windows installer.

-----

The installer for this version can be downloaded from:
http://developer.berlios.de/project/showfiles.php?group_id=5117&release_id=16634
and
http://ftp.lyx.org/pub/lyx/bin/1.6.4/

(General infos about the installer can be found here:
 http://wiki.lyx.org/Windows/LyXWinInstaller )

Installer Changelog:
Version 4.20
- LyX 1.6.4