Ludwik Celnikier schrieb:

I am trying to use certain templates in lyx, for example the Kluwer template.

The normally installed version of lyx protests that some .cls or .sty files are missing. I have downloaded the kluwer and unpacked the kluwer package from CTAN, and placed the kluwer.cls file in the lyx folder which is in my localtexmf§/lates/lyx folder.

This is the wrong folder, you need to copy the files to a subfolder of your LaTeX distribution and afterwards run texhash (assuming that your are using TeXLive). Finally, restart LyX and reconfigure it.

regards Uwe