rgheck <rgh...@bobjweil.com> wrote:

> On 09/22/2009 10:14 PM, 0 wrote:
> > I've used the two links below to start using LaTeX 2 RTF:
> > http://wiki.lyx.org/Tips/ExportingRichTextFormatWithLaTeX2rtf#toc2
> > http://latex2rtf.sourceforge.net/
> >
> > "Rich Text Format" appeared in export list. But it does not work, and says
> > LyX: Cannot convert file
> > An error occurred whilst running latex2rt -p -S -o "newfile2.rtf"
> > "newfile2.tex"
> >
> > What can I do?
> >
> > --
> > OS: Windows XP
> > LyX: 1.6.4
> >

> Can someone on Windows explain to O here how to run latex2rt from a
> terminal? We need more error messages.

OK, here we go.
I start pointing to problems which had already hit other users.

1. You ("0") wrote that you "used" the links given.
But the first link contains several alternative descriptions how to
install latex2rtf. So: How and in which folder did you actually install
latex2rtf?

2. How long (number of characters) is the full path to the folder where
your "newfile2.tex" is stored? Because latex2rt.exe uses a dos prompt,
the maximum length (including "newfile2.tex") is about 256 characters,
and there also is a limitation on the number of folder nesting depth
(which I can't remember just now).

3. Which version of latex2rtf? Open a command prompt and type the
command (use the folder in which you installed it, and if the path
contains blanks as below, include it in double quotes as shown):
"C:\Program Files\latex2rtf\latex2rt" -version
latex2rtf should display the version info. If not, something is wrong
with the installation.

4. If (3) displayed the version info correctly, add
-P C:/Progra~1/latex2rtf
to the latex2rtf options in LyX.
Does it work now?

Wilfried