> > On 09/22/2009 10:14 PM, 0 wrote:
> > > I've used the two links below to start using LaTeX 2 RTF:
> > > http://wiki.lyx.org/Tips/ExportingRichTextFormatWithLaTeX2rtf#toc2
> > > http://latex2rtf.sourceforge.net/
> > >
> > > "Rich Text Format" appeared in export list. But it does not work, and says
> > > LyX: Cannot convert file
> > > An error occurred whilst running latex2rt -p -S -o "newfile2.rtf"
> > > "newfile2.tex"
> > >
> > > What can I do?
> > > --
> > > OS: Windows XP
> > > LyX: 1.6.4
> > >
> > Can someone on Windows explain to O here how to run latex2rt from a
> > terminal? We need more error messages.
>
> OK, here we go.
> I start pointing to problems which had already hit other users.
>
> ... Wilfried's stuff snipped.

I feel compelled to point out that it is entirely possible that the Wiki entry
is now woefully out of date. It was written (by me) over a year and a half ago
and I have not attempted to keep up with it. It worked with an older version of
latex2rtf and WinXP LyX 1.5.x. I haven't even upgraded to LyX 1.6.x yet because
I have a couple big projects going that I don't want to muddle with.

Frankly, my new method for dealing with getting stuff from LyX to M$Word (arm
twisted, screaming) is to export the plain text (ps2ascii option so that refs
are formatted) and then finger-paint the whole thing. Since I only have to do it
once, I just accept the fact that one day of work will be wasted on this
shenanigan. All this said, I am excited to try out LyX 1.6.x and eLyxer as an
alternative.