On 10/21/2009 08:39 AM, Andrew Sullivan wrote:
On Wed, Oct 21, 2009 at 10:55:10AM +0100, Anthony Campbell wrote:
I'm thinking of publishing in ebook form via Smashwords, who
unfortunately demand Word format. I'm on Linux and as far as I can see
after a fair amount of googling the only practical way of doing this is
to produce a plain text (txt) version from Lyx, import it into the
Openoffice WP, and save it as a .doc file from there.

Does anyone know a better way?
As you see, YMMV, but most people on Linux seem to have pretty good luck with oolatex. It's on other platforms that this seems not to be reliable. How well it works depends upon how complicated your document is.

rh