On 2009-11-04, rgheck wrote:

>> I changed the alignment of the standard environment in my layout file.
>> What should I do to keep my ragged right appearance
>> and the conventional paragraph indents in my layout?

> Second, I would suggest putting this kind of thing into a simple module,

See the leftalign module below.

> Finally, though, yes, I see the problem. This is presumably a bug. Can
> you enter it into the bugtracker?

It is a bug. I am not sure, whether I submitted it to the bugtracker
already (i.e. 1,5 years ago), though.

Günter

#\DeclareLyXModule{leftalign}
#DescriptionBegin
#Left align text (instead of block align; on screen).
#DescriptionEnd

#Author: Günter Milde <mi...@users.sf.net>

# Left align instead of block align (on screen)
# ---------------------------------------------

# As LyX's linebreaking algorithm does not include hyphenation of longer
# words, some very large inter-word spaces frequently occure (especially in
# languages with many long words as, e.g., German).

# Readability can be improved by setting the paragraph alignment
# in the LyX window to "left".
# This does not influence the appearance of the printout.

# Drawbacks:
#
# * the Edit>Paragraph Settings dialog will display "default (left)"
#   even if the default alignment of the class is "block".
#
# * Paragraph indentation is supressed (therefore currently commented out).

# Style Standard
#       Align                 Left
# End

#stdlists