Education layouts are one of the places where (so far) I find LaTeX superior to
LyX. You might consider an ordinary article class. Standard itemizing features
and branches will allow you to create a decent-looking quiz or test as well as
an answer key. That said, I have a LyX option and a LaTeX option for you:

On LyX, I use Phil Hirschhorn's Exam class:

http://www-math.mit.edu/~psh/#ExamCls

Somewhere I found a layout file, but it requires an enormous amount of ERT. I've
been trying to make a better layout file for the past few weeks, but I'm having
a lot of trouble with anything beyond the most basic features. The problems are
the nesting of lists, codes for point values, and now he has included a feature
for correct answers in multiple choice. (I had always used branches to
accomplish that.

For most of my tests (except Calculus) I've turned to the Examdesign class which
I use only as pure LaTeX. It makes great answer keys, alternate test versions,
and it looks good. My ideal would be this one (combined with some nice features
from Hirschhorn's class).

http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/macros/latex/contrib/examdesign/

This one probably won't work with LyX, no matter what.

--Jason Waskiewicz
  Bowman County High School