Just in case, the document in question is the LyX document, not a BibTeX document, right?

Uwe Stöhr escribió:
Adam Hoffman schrieb:

I recently installed LyX 1.6.4-1 on a Windows 7 system, and I'm having an issue that is not common to my previous LyX installs (1.6.?) on an XP SP3
and Vista 64 SP1 system.

Whenever I try to generate a pdf/dvi/ps file from a file path that includes spaces, I get an error message indicating that this is not permitted. I am not having this issue with previous installs of LyX. Can anyone explain the
source of the issue and, more importantly, how I can resolve it?

You are the first one reporting this problem. I don't have Windows 7 to test but I got feedback that it works when you use my alternative LyX for Windows installer:
http://wiki.lyx.org/Windows/LyXWinInstaller
So you can try to uninstall LyX _completely_ and afterwards reinstall it using this installer.

regards Uwe