On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 7:52 AM, Manolo Martí­nez
<man...@austrohungaro.com>wrote:

> Just in case, the document in question is the LyX document, not a BibTeX
> document, right?

> Uwe Stöhr escribió:
>
>  Adam Hoffman schrieb:
>>
>>  I recently installed LyX 1.6.4-1 on a Windows 7 system, and I'm having an
>>> issue that is not common to my previous LyX installs (1.6.?) on an XP SP3
>>> and Vista 64 SP1 system.
>>>
>>> Whenever I try to generate a pdf/dvi/ps file from a file path that
>>> includes
>>> spaces, I get an error message indicating that this is not permitted.  I
>>> am
>>> not having this issue with previous installs of LyX.  Can anyone explain
>>> the
>>> source of the issue and, more importantly, how I can resolve it?
>>>

>> You are the first one reporting this problem. I don't have Windows 7 to
>> test but I got feedback that it works when you use my alternative LyX for
>> Windows installer:
>> http://wiki.lyx.org/Windows/LyXWinInstaller
>> So you can try to uninstall LyX _completely_ and afterwards reinstall it
>> using this installer.
>>
>> regards Uwe

Yes, it is a LyX document, in a subfolder of 'My Documents', which is the
source of the space in the file name.

Although I searched the archive before posting, I apparently didn't use the
right keywords.  A similar issue was noted in 2000, several versions prior.
 There was no clear resolution to this post.

http://www.mail-archive.com/lyx-users@lists.lyx.org/msg08169.html

<http://www.mail-archive.com/lyx-users@lists.lyx.org/msg08169.html>
Presumably this was addressed previously, as I do not have a problem with
this on my other LyX-installed systems.