I am assuming you are using Windows with the latest version of LyX
(1.6.5-1).

Go to "Add or Remove Programs" ("Programs and Features" on Windows Vista)
and see if "Aspell 0.6 Dictionary (Language: <your language>)" is on the
list. There should be one entry for each language you've installed.

If it is not (that is, no dictionaries are installed, or someone is
missing), just run again the LyX Installer.
It will ask if you want to reinstall LyX or just install new
dictionaries. Uncheck the box to reinstall LyX and select the dictionaries
you want to download/install.

Hope it helps.

PS: Next time, don't forget to say what OS and LyX version you are using.
:-)

Regards,
---
Diego Queiroz