Am 20.12.2009, 20:00 Uhr, I wrote:
To get the actual release tufte-latex 3.5 go to:
http://code.google.com/p/tufte-latex/
and download the tufte-latex-3.5.0.zip, direct download link:
http://tufte-latex.googlecode.com/files/tufte-latex-3.5.0.zip

Sorry, I forgot that I am already tufte LyXing on the basis of a patched tufte-common.def file, which was given to Uwe Stöhr and me by the tufte developer. Since it cannot be sent to the lyx-users ML, I have first to care about how to get it. I'll give notice, when I know.

A nessessary addition for using the tufte-latex in LyX, a communication of
tufte developer Kevin Godby and his patched tufte-common.def file as
attachment (if it passes to the list), to save as replacement of the
existing tufte-common.def of the actuel tufte-latex3.5.0.zip:

regards, joachim

------- Weitergeleitete Nachricht -------
Von: "Kevin Godby" <god...@gmail.com>
An: "Uwe Stöhr", "Joachim Osnabryg"
Betreff: Re: tufte-latex 3.5 problems with LyX
Datum: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 06:39:12 +0100

Hello again, gentlemen.

I've attached a patched tufte-common.def file that you can try it. It
should allow you to use \title and \author in either the preamble or
the document itself.

I'm using a different hyperref detection mechanism now -- one that
isn't restricted to the preamble.

If the hyperref package is loaded (either by the Tufte-LaTeX document
class or the user in the document preamble), then \title will set the
PDF title (and similarly for \author).  If hyperref is not loaded,
then the PDF title/author will not be set.

Please let me know how this works for you.  I have a couple other
small bugs to fix up and then I'll see about pushing a point release.

Thanks!

--Kevin

--
Mac BacicTeX 2009 - TeXShop 2.29 / TeXworks 0.2.3
LyX 1.6.5 - MacBook Pro intel OSX 10.4.11 Tiger