I'm writing on a long document (book with various chapters) with LyX 1.6.5 on
OS X 10.5.8. After trying to prepare a master file with a preamble valid for
all files and to work on each file separately I noticed through different
posts on this forum that the command \includeonly does not work. At least
that was the discussion on an older lyx version but I assume that this is
still the case (independently that in the actual manual the "\includeonly"
command is still mentioned as it would function properly). Is this right?

So I tried to separate the preamble commands in a special file
"preamble.tex" and \input it into every file. But this didn't work. It
generated many errors, all of them - as far as I can see - related with my
bibliography. As I'm using biblatex with the module biblatex-citation-style
I assume that this is also the problem. Can anyone suggest how to proceed?